Flashback - 2013 Rishiri and Rebun Islands

Rishiri and Rebun 2013


Going through old files on the computer and stumbled on pictures I had taken with a phone while in Japan in 2013. These are from Rishiri Island and Rebun Island,  both of which are beautiful hikes. I made the mistake of doing them barefoot....

Mt. Rishiri rises out of the North Japan sea. Accessible by ferry from Wakkanai

Getting lost...



The peace and tranquility of the forests were a very nice difference to the chaos of Tokyo

As you get higher the soil takes on a very nice deep red color


Above the clouds

the summit of Mt. Rishiri


It had been a steady downpour for the whole day. I was wet, cold, and exhausted

Emergency shelter - luckily I only used it a bit to change my clothes. The hikers behind me must have used it as the weather took a huge turn for the worst very quickly.

Yum....2 day old Konbini dinner

Beautiful morning after the storm had passed

Island hopped to Rebun - breathtaking sights and fresh air

Meandering roads....wished I had my bicycle

Tired feet but a happy soul


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heading Out

Day 2 - Honno Station to Utsunomiya - 170 km

Tailfin T1 Carbon Rack - Initial Review